Welcome to the Greater Manchester Living Wage Campaign. We’re a coalition of people and organisations who want to make Greater Manchester a Living Wage Zone; to challenge low pay; to put Living Wage policy and a culture of social equality at the heart of how Greater Manchester works.
What is it?
- A voluntary hourly rate set independently and updated annually
- The Living Wage is calculated according to the basic cost of living in the UK
- The current UK Living Wage is £9 an hour (£10.55 an hour in London)
- Employers choose to pay the Living Wage on a voluntary basis
- The Living Wage enjoys cross party support, with public backing from the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition
- Paying the Living Wage is good for business, good for the individual and good for society
- The Living Wage Employer Mark and Service Provider Recognition Scheme provide an ethical badge for responsible pay
Please visit our partners the Living Wage Foundation for more information, including how to become an accredited Living Wage Employer.